Addiction 101 is designed to increase awareness and reduce the stigma associated with addiction – both at work and in everyday life. It also provides valuable skills on how to look after your own health and wellbeing.
The workshops use adult education principles, with a variety of activities, videos and teaching tools to cater to the different learning styles of participants. In addition, our expert facilitators bring a wealth of professional and personal experience to the topics covered.
After attending Addiction 101 participants will be able to:
- use Te Whare Tapa Whā to understand addiction and recover
- recognise signs of addiction
- relate brain and body responses to addiction
- respond supportively to people experiencing addiction.
Anyone who is interested in learning about problematic substance use and other behaviours. It will help participants to:
- develop the knowledge and confidence to understand and recognise addiction and well-being challenges
- explore their own values and attitudes
- provide appropriate support for people experiencing and affected by problematic substance use, including substances such as synthetic cannabinoids and methamphetamine.
The Parnell Hotel and Conference Centre
10-20 Gladstone Road, Parnell, Auckland 1052, New Zealand
10 August 2023, 9.00am – 4.30pm
Morning tea and lunch provided.