Mental Health 101
Mental Health 101 is designed to give people the confidence to recognise, relate and respond to people experiencing mental health challenges.
Blueprint for Learning training reflects a philosophy of recovery and empowerment using best practices to help people become full and active members of their communities.
The workshops use adult education principles, with a variety of activities, videos and teaching tools to cater to the different learning styles of participants. In addition, our expert facilitators bring a wealth of professional and personal experience to the topics covered.
Participants will receive a workbook with MH101® notes, additional reading, a directory for support and assistance, and access to a post-workshop e-learning module to assist them to apply what they have learnt.
After attending MH101® participants will be able to:
- recognise signs of positive mental health and mental health challenges
- use Te Whare Tapa Whā to support mental wellbeing
- relate to what people with mental health challenges are experiencing
- respond supportively to mental distress
- Topics covered in MH101® include stress and wellbeing, mental health
- challenges, suicide, trauma, supportive language and perspective, building
- a connection, sharing your concerns, when to get help and local support\
It also provides valuable skills on how to look after your own mental health and wellbeing.
Who should attend
Anyone who wants to understand how to respond to people experiencing distress or mental illness – both at work and in everyday life.
Blueprint for Learning
15 Ronwood Ave, Manukau City, Auckland 2104
Please note that there is no car parking available onsite however there is street parking (Pay & Display) on Ronwood Avenue and Davies Avenue. Maximum fee of $5 per day.
12 October 2023, 9.00 am-4.30 pm
Morning tea and lunch provided.
Registration link via Blueprint for Learning .